Getting Control of Your Controls
By Jason Rohlf
We hear a common frustration from clients: They have internal controls distributed across their enterprise, managed by various groups and at many levels of maturity. They have processes and activities in place to help the organization manage performance, efficiency, risk and compliance. What they don’t have is a clear picture of what’s working, what’s not and who is responsible.
At Onspring, we’ve been consulting with audit, risk and compliance professionals in our community to address their most pressing concerns when it comes to internal controls. We’ve been tackling questions like these:
- How do we get a handle on controls tracked in various systems and spreadsheets?
- How do we maintain control mapping to the laws, regulations, standards and best practices that guide and govern our business?
- How do we understand the relationship of controls to organizational objectives and risks?
- How do we drive accountability into the organization for control monitoring and testing?
- How do we give senior management assurance that controls are prioritized, optimized and effective?
These are not easy questions to answer, particularly as our organizations expand globally, our risk environment because increasingly complex and regulatory pressures mount. There is no “easy button.” No fast lane. No one-size-fits all solution.
We have recognized these significant challenges as we’ve worked with clients and colleagues to develop our newest offering: Controls & Compliance.
We had a clear goal in mind while developing this solution: To help our clients get control of their controls. Onspring can help you:
- Organize controls and control activities across the enterprise
- Manage status and accountability
- Track compliance and performance
- Visualize how everyday activities support broader organizational efforts
We would never claim to do the work for you, but we can help you do your best work and clearly articulate results up the management chain. If internal controls are an ongoing struggle, we’d love to show you how Onspring can help.
Here are three easy ways to connect:
- Visit us at the GRC Conference in Phoenix next week, hosted by the IIA and ISACA. We’ll be talking with attendees and demonstrating our connected solutions for audit, risk and compliance in booth #218.
- Check out our Controls & Compliance solution online and download the datasheet.
- Request a Demo to see how Controls & Compliance ties in with Onspring’s audit, legal, risk and vendor management capabilities.